The Running Works is looking for an enthusiastic, team-oriented person with a passion for running for the position of Store Manager.
This is a full time position, responsible for:
- Providing excellent customer service in-store, over the telephone, and by email
- Managing the day-to-day operations, including opening and closing, merchandising, placing special orders, receiving shipments, and keeping the store clean and organized
- Supervising part-time staff, ensuring they have the tools they need to work independently
- Training and scheduling part-time staff
- Planning, promoting, and overseeing running clinics, including recruiting and supporting instructors, and scheduling guest speakers
- Scheduling, planning, promoting, and executing in-store events
- Promoting the store and events through various social media platforms
- Cultivating relationships with various local clubs and community groups
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in retail, leadership experience an asset
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with staff, clinic instructors, brand reps, and others
- Passion for running shoes and apparel
- High level of comfort with technology including POS systems and social media
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, and weekends
If this sounds like you, please apply with a cover letter and résumé, in person at 89 Gordon Street, Guelph (the corner of Gordon and Wellington), or by email to email@example.com by Wednesday, April 25th, 2018.
We are happy to answer questions about the position over email, but please, no phone calls.